Epiphone Les Paul Acoustic/Electric Ukulele
To those of you who are seeking information for the Epiphone Les Paul Electric Ukulele you may find the following information to your benefit. If your wondering what type of uke this model is, then you’ll be interested to hear that it’s a concert. When you take a peek under the rosewood saddle you’ll find a piezo film pickup. It’s also fitted with a 1/4 inch output jack, so if your performing on a stage, you’ll be able to plug the uke into an amplifier, PA system or whatever, for that beautiful Les Paul acoustic sound.
Epiphone is no stranger to turning out amazing ukuleles, after all they’ve been in the business for over 140 years. Those people know their business and they certainly live up to their name with this offering. You may remember that they came up with one of the first modern acoustic ukuleles during the time spent in their Manhattan business.
This model is a fantastic looking instrument featuring that amazing cherry burst profile with a sound to match.
The Les Paul has been played by such performers as George Harrison and Tom Petty.
- It’s a concert
- The scale is 15 inches and has 19 frets
- The Product Dimensions are 25 x 9.3 x 4 inches
- It weighs 3.6 pounds
- It has a piezo film under saddle pickup built in
- The geared machine open head tuners have a ratio of 14:1
- The body is solid mahogany, the top laminated with AAA grade flame maple
- The neck is made from Okoume and the saddle PVC
- A Gig Bag is Included in the purchase
- Received 4.3 out of 5 stars from 272 Amazon Customers
- Your going to need 2 CR2 batteries
Kmise Solid Spruce Ukulele
Many reviews have been written about the Kmise Solid Spruce Ukulele. This review lists the Pros and Cons which may be to your advantage when considering purchasing the instrument.
The first point I’d like to make is that this model is recommended especially for beginners, but can also be a backup for the professional.
It comes with a built in tuner for your convenience and takes the frustration out of trying to use an online tuner. Over the first couple of months your going to find this feature very handy as the strings can go out of tune quite often until they find a correct working tension.
Some people regard the design on the face of the ukulele as looking cheap when studied closely but great from a distance. I don’t subscribe to this. In fact, looking back, I think it was the design that attracted me to it in the first place.
Some players have complained of a annoying buzz that you may get from the body of some models that goes away after a little use. I haven’t experienced this. If it does occur in your instrument it may be put down the the built in electrics.
You’ll find it in 5 different colors for you to choose from. UK-24, then 24A, B, C, and D. Take your pick
- The Dimensions are 25.2 x 10.8 x 4.2 inches, and the weight 1.5 pounds
- The Kmise Electric Acoustic Concert Ukulele is made with a solid spruce top and finished with a Natural Matte Finish
- The Back and Sides are of Sapele, and the neck OkoumeI
- t’s Fitted with High Quality Italian Aquila Strings
- There is a Choice of a Number of Attractive Colors and Finishes
- Has a 1/4 inch Mono Jack for Connecting to an Amp or PA System
- The Closed Tuner Machine Head is Chrome Sealed.
- There are 18 Frets and are of Copper-Nickel
- You can Play either Electric or Acoustic
- At the time of writing 79 Amazon Customers have given this ukulele a score of 4.3 out of 5.0
- Is Very Popular with Beginners and has many favorable write ups.
- 2 x CR2 Batteries are included with the Purchase
- This Particular Model is Noted for Emitting a Rich Full Sound
- Bone Nut & Saddle results in little loss in Sound Transmission
- The Fingerboard and Fret edges are sanded smooth to minimize any hand scratches
- No Free Lessons with this uke
- The spruce top has may be susceptible to cracking
- It does not come with a case or gig bag
Oscar Schmidt Electric Ukulele
Much has been written in articles and forum posts concerning the Oscar Schmidt Electric Ukulele. This article attempts to add a little extra value to the information that has already been shared.
This is a great beginners uke. I’d say one of the biggest problems with it would be the strings. As other folk have mentioned, it’s just a matter of replacing the strings that come with it, with a decent set of Aquilas and your problem is pretty much solved.
As well as that, some people have reported a slight buzz from the OU2E. It probably has something to do with the pickup and this didn’t seem to be present with the previous model, which was the OU2.
You will find that the Oscar Schmidt Electric Ukulele has the same tuning as, say a soprano, but produces a fuller, slightly deeper sound.
With this purchase you’ll also receive a gig bag as well as a special instructional DVD from Ukulele Mike. It’s always a good thing to have some kind of protection to preserve your uke’s good looks, so a padded gig bag is a big plus.
You won’t have to buy your own batteries either, as they come with the uke.
For value, I’d say it’s pretty good, with this uke costing around a hundred dollars.
- The Product Dimensions are 23.8 x 12.5 x 3.5 inches
- It’s made out of Mahogany
- It Sports and Excellent Natural Satin finish
- It’s fitted with Chrome Hardware and Die Cast Tuners
- The Fingerboard holds 18 Frets
- Requires a 1.9V Battery which is Supplied
- Is popular on Amazon and has a number of positive comments.
- Comes bundled with a gig bag and a special instructional DVD from Ukulele Mike
- May sound better with new quality strings fitted
Ellen Electric Concert Ukulele
Because so much information has been shared in articles and other sources concerning the Ellen Electric Concert Ukulele I thought that I might put a little of my insight into it’s reputation as a musical instrument.
When it comes to one of the easiest instuments to learn to play, the ukulele comes to the forefront. You could say that the Ellen Electric Concert Ukulele was manufactured with the ukulele novice in mind.
The kit that is provided with this particular purchase will provide you with all the necessary accessories you will need in order to kick start your adventure on the right foot.
As well as youngsters, it would also be of benefit to the adult with larger fingers. This is due to the design which leaves plenty of space available between the frets. This allows fat fingers can get at those tight chords.
Some folk have experienced some trouble with amp not working in certain settings. The amp will not work in tuning mode. You will need to turn the tuning switch to the off position.
This will usually solve any problems.
What I like about the electric/acoustic is that when I’m in the mood for listening to a bit of noise, and the souls around me want it quiet, I can just plug my headphones into the 1/4 jack output and turn my volume up. That way everybody is happy.
The strap that comes with the uke can be handy but has been described by some a cheap looking. Personally I have my own favorite strap that I like to use.
As well as the strap the purchase comes with all the electric ukulele accessories and elements needed for both electric and acoustic playing.
- Includes Everything you’ll need if your a Beginner
- The dimensions are 8 x 24 x 4 inches and the weight is 4.75 pounds
- The uke is crafted from Spruce Mahogany with a Rosewood Fretboard
- Non-abrasive Nylon Strings
- Small Light Weight Body is Easily Transportable
- Chromatic electric ukulele tuner with DCD back light screen
- Comes with batteries and AC adapter for amp
- 81 customers have taken the trouble to give it 4.3 out of 5.0
- Comes bundled with lots of handy stuff
- It gives out a bright warm rich sound
The package includes:
- Ellen Electric Concert Ukulele
- Audio Cable
- Concert Ukulele Amp
- 12mm Thick Padded Gig Bag
- Built in Tuner
- AC Adapter and 9V Battery
- Spare set of Nylon Strings and 3 Hawaii Picks
- The strap has some bad reviews
Luna Guitars Tattoo Concert Mahogany
When seeking enlightenment concerning the purchase of a Luna Guitars Tattoo Concert Mahogany, reading the following review you may find that the following review is to your advantage.
The Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Acoustic/Electric Ukulele is designed in the usual Hawaiian tradition. That is to say you have the tattoo colored black complementing the brown of the body.
The designs and patterns are meant to represent the life and traditions of the Hawaiian islands, relating to some of the more natural occurrences, such as the sun, rain, the waves, fish, sharks, sea turtles and Island birds etc. You may notice that even the fret markers resemble shark teeth.
The Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Acoustic/Electric Uke, is but one, in the line of Luna offerings in stringed musical instruments. It is one of the best selling import ukuleles, due I think to the consistent quality throughout the range.
Due to the Concert design of its body and the Mahogany used in its construction you can expect to hear a beautiful clear, resonate sound, emitting from the instrument.
The Luna company was originally co-founded by Yvonne de Villiers. She had worked and studied in stained glass design, which may have contributed to her later ukulele styles. Her interest in the instrument was perhaps, inspired by her mother who played a mean bass.
- The Product Dimensions are 27.8 x 14 x 2.8 inches and the weight 1.54 pounds
- The body, top and neck material are of Mahogany
- The fretboard is of Walnut as is the Bridge
- It has a Natural Satin Finish
- 244 customers on Amazon have given it a score of 4.4 out of a possible 5.0
- It is one of the most popular and best selling import ukuleles
- Included with the Luna Tattoo Concert is a Preamp and a Branded Travel Gig Bag
- It produces a beaut sound due to the concert design and mahogany material used
- Sits comfortably in position while being held
- You will need to supply your own batteries
Hadean Acoustic Electric Bass Ukulele UKB 23
When searching for articles relating to the Hadean Acoustic Electric Bass Ukulele, you may have come across information that might differ from review to review. Consequently this reading is has been constructed in a effort to clear up some the discrepancies in some features that may have appeared in other journals.
The Hadean Acoustic Electric Bass Ukulele is a pleasure to play and easy to transport. On top of that it sounds great. It has been put together using some of the finest quality materials available, one example being the walnut body.
Aquila Nylgut strings are standard which aids in the accuracy of tuning and use of the fretboard. This type of string also gather less moisture than standard strings.
The neck is Trus-Rod Adjustable with a built in easy tuner, that speeds up the task of keeping the uke in tune. A preamp is fitted to the instrument to control the amplification of the bass, mid, treble and volume.
The notes available to be played are the same as any standard bass guitar. They are, from low to high, E, A, D and G.
For people who like to know the finer details:
The overall dimensions are: Length 29 and 3/4 inches.
Length of scale is 20 inches. The body is 14 inches long, and 3 and 3/4s of an inch thick
Upper bout is 7 and 1/2 inches wide with the lower 10 and 5/8 inches
The width of the neck at the nut is 1 and 13/16 inches and the thickness, 11/16 of an inch. The width of the neck at the 9th fret is 2 and 1/8 inches and the thickness 7/8 of an inch.
The body is made of Walnut and the total weight is 4 pounds
Various sizes of Aquila Nylgut strings are available in varying densities to choose from, they are .085, .105, .145, and .185
This model has a built in tuner for faster and easier tuning
Quite popular and has some great reviews
49 Amazon customers gave it a score of 4.2 stars out of possible 5.0
Compare to similar models
Vorson FSUK-1 S-Style Electric Ukulele with Gig Bag
Every effort has been put into force during the research of this presentation for the Vorson Electric Ukulele. I trust our efforts will be to your satisfaction.
To start you off, this model of ukulele is not really recommended for the newbie. If this is your first uke, you’d be better advised searching for something like a Kala acoustic, or if you fancy something a little cheaper, you can give the Caramel a try.
The Vorson Electric model comes out of the box, pretty much set up, and ready to go. You will of course, need to make a couple of the usual adjustents to get the tuning to your personal satisfaction.
The steel strings supplied are in re entrant tuning which means they will have a high G.
The fitted strings are not the best and may hurt your fingers if you are not accustomed to pressing down on hard steel. It’s recommended at a later stage, that you might consider changing them for something like Ernie Ball strings or similar.
You may also find that the frets might need a bit of smoothing off
That said, when it comes to play ability, I’ve heard this model described as being, impressively made, shockingly playable, and sounding improbably good. Now, that’s some high praise indeed.
Of course your going to need an amplifier to plug the uke into to get any decent sound.
Strap buttons are fitted
Nice looking laminated black gloss top
It’s a tenor size with dimentions of 23 x 12 x 3 inches and weighs 4.4 pounds
The neck is candlenut with maple fretboard and dot markers
90 Verified Amazon customers have given the Vorson Electric Ukulele a score of 4.2 stars out of a possible 5.0
Craftsmanship received a score of 4.2, and for value, a whopping 4.8. Thanks very much.
A black gig bag is supplied
The stock strings and free cable are not very good quality
The frets on some models will need sanding smooth
The pickups are dual single coils
Well, what more can we say? The question is….Which ukulele out of the ten recommended products do you choose? On reflection, I think that we have done more than our fair share of the toil. That was by searching and researching the relevant information pertaining to each product that was available to us at the time of this writing. We are not going to attempt to sway your mind in any direction as to which instrument is going to serve you for the better. That my dear reader is entirely your choice to make. We hope that our combined efforts, us writing and you reading, has accomplished the goal we set out to achieve. Which was to make things a little easier for you to make a final and well informed choice.
From all of us here at bestukulele.net we wish you an amazing result and a realization to your ukulele playing dreams.